Mittwoch, 31. August 2011

Lemon Chicken Recipe [Frittiertes Huhn mit Zitrone Rezept]

This is a recipe I know from China - my dad took us to a restaurant near his work (no, we're not Chinese, he just worked there) in Beijing and he love this restaurant and of course wanted us to love it to.
Not hard to say, I didn't like it very much. Everything was SO spicy. They're speciality were spicy ribs and my parents could eat them like chips. I was only able to eat half of it and was already crying like a baby. I have no idea if it was good, because during that evening I never felt my tongue again.
So next time we went there (of course we had to go a second time) my parents went for the ribs again and I wanted to try something else and I found Lemon Chicken.
I can't say I liked it very much either...
but years have passed, my taste changed and I got curious again. Thank God, because it was delicious!


Lemon Chicken for 4 (350kcal/portion)



400g chicken thighs with skin but withou bones (if not without bones, buy regular chicken thigh with skin and remove the bones ... it's a little complicated, but I did it too!)
Salt
2 tbsp Sake (rice wine)
100g starch
Frying oil
     For the sauce:
150g sugar (yes)
100g lemon juice
60g rice vinegar
100g water
2tbsp starch
big pan, large enough to deep fry

1. Slightly cut in the meat from both sides. Be careful not to cut it through.
2. Lay on a plate next to eachother. Sprinkle with salt and sake and rub in. Put aside for 10 minutes.
3. While waiting, we can mix the sauce. In a bowl, mix sugar and vinegar. Add lemon juice and stir. Finally, add starch and mix well.
4. On another plate, sprinkle starch. Roll the meat in it until everythings covered.
5. Now we can deep fry the meat. Lay a paper towel on a plate. Heat frying oil (enough for deep frying!) in a pot or big pan an bring to 180°C)
6. Piece by piece (too much at one time will make the temperature drop too fast) put meat in the pan and deep fry.


7. When the meat is coming up, you can fry it another minute. Then take out and lay it on the paper towel plate.
8. Take another pan or remove the oil from your used pan and pour in the lemon sauce. Bring to boil on medium heat.
9. While the sauce is simmering to thicken, cut the meat into bite size pieces.
10. When the sauce has thickend, add the meat and stir until everything is covered. That's it!

请慢用!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen