Dienstag, 6. September 2011

Salmon Steak Recipe (Lachssteak Rezept)

Just a little survey.
So far I've made 32 recipe and two months have passed. Thanks to my vacation I couldn't cook for two weeks, but I'm still good with time.

Now it looks like this:
297 days to go, 213 recipes to cook.

Thanks to this rhythm, I don't even have to cook every day. Thank God. I just sprained my ankle Sunday and now I can't cook for a few days, just because I can't stand in the kitchen.

Today I'm showing you my first fish recipe ... I actually bought a whole fish! It was less expensive than filets. Well. Stupid me. Of course you do have to fillet the fish yourself. And with my mum hysterically breathing and my dad on the run, it was my job to do so... I hope I'll never have to do it again... But I got 6 big pieces out of it! HAHA!

Still no pics from the fish ...


Soooo.

Salmon Steak with Mashed Potatoes for 6 (430kcal per serving)


     For the Fish:
6 pieces of salmon with skin
40g butter
2tbsp olive oil
100g tomatoe puree (This is Italian "passata" ... mixed cooked tomatoes with spices. You should try and find puree.)
200ml cream
50g dill
salt and pepper to your taste
lemon juice (fresh pressed lemon juice is best here - you'll need AT LEAST 1 lemon)
     For the Mashed Potatoes:
600g potatoes
30g butter
150ml-200ml milk
salt, pepper, nutmeg to your taste

1. Alright, let's cook! Lay the salmon on a big plate or board. First, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper from both sides to your tast and rub it in. In Germany, we say for fish, you need the "3 S: Säubern, Säuern, Salzen!" In English that means: Clean the fish, Acidify (with lemon) and then Salt. That's really important.


2. Chop the dill. Peel the potatoes and then cut into thin slices. Take the milk and butter out of the fridge and let warm ... you can also heat the milk a little in the microwave.
3. Put potatoes in a pot with lots of water. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until tender.
4. While they cook, melt butter with the 2tbsp oilve oil in a pan (big enough for the fish or at least half the fish) over medium heat. Add the salmon skin side down and fry until golden brown. Then turn around and keep frying until brown. Then turn off the oven take out and let stand aside.


5. The potatoes should be done by now. Let them drain in a strainer. Then put them in a big bowl and mash them with a fork, a meat tenderizer or (if you have) a masher of course. Add butter and mix. Now add the warm milk little by little until the mashed potatoes have the consistency you like. Finally add salt, pepper and nutmeg to your taste. Cover and let stand in a warm place (like your bed), so it won't cool out.
6. Remove the fat from your frying pan.
7. Add the tomatoe puree, cream and turn to low heat. Add salt and pepper to your taste and let cook for a little while. Add dill and mix well.
8. Put back the salmon and let it warm over low heat.
9. Now you just have to arranged the salmon, mashed potatoes and the rest sauce on a plate and your done.

Nyt ditt måltid!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen