Dienstag, 5. Juli 2011

Pizza Margherita

As planned on Sunday (Who needs some intelligent forward looking planning when you can think everything through in less than 24 hours?... not me!) I went for groceries yesterday to buy everything for Pizza Margherita - invented in 1889 for Queen Margherita to resemble the colours of the Italian flag.

The recipe told  me to get pizzadough, basil, mozzarella and tomatoes. I don't think you usually put fresh tomatoes on a pizza, but I wouldn't argue with the recipe.

What I got was also very delicious!



Recipe for 4 [400 kcal/person]:
400g pizza dough (I was lazy and bought mine)
100g tomato sauce (not in the recipe, but came with the dough so I was using it)
fresh basil (as much as you like)
400g tomatoes
160g mozzarella
Salt, Pepper (it's not in the recipe but you'll need it)

1. Depending on your dough and oven type (mine's electric), preheat the oven. 220°C usually is a good temperature.
2. Wash the tomatoes, cut them in half, remove the stem and cut into half moons.
3. Pat the mozzarella with a kitchen towel, then cut into 5mm cubes.
4. Spread the dough on a baking tray. Mine's rectangular, but of course you can take a round one.
5. Spread the tomatoe sauce evenly.


6. Lay on the tomatoes, mozarella and basil and cover the pizza evenly.



7. Now put the tray in your oven an bake until the dough is done and cripsy and the cheese is melted. In my oven at 220°C it took 17 minutes. When you buy dough, it usually says on the package how long you need to bake it.
8. When done, sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste. Cut into pieces and buon appetito!


Well, what can I say? That's not it. In the end, I had some left over tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Luckily I'm smart enough, what else to do with it. Check the next post for more!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen